Monday, November 9, 2009

books, books, books

I finally found a pre-school program on the internet that is in our price range(free!!) that lays everything out for you so all you have to do is pick up that weeks books and print out some pages. EASY!! So we decided to go to the library last week to pick up all of our books on cows, because that is our first weeks theme! On the way I tell Gracie, "don't get upset if they are closed because I'm not sure when they close." " ok momma." Then I go about driving and I hear the little conversation between Gracie and Jadyn. Gracie- "Jadyn don't get upset if the library is closed, because I probaly will." Jadyn- "o-tay" Well, of course, we picked the ONE night of the week they close early. Tears and wailing. Grrrreeeeaaaaatttttt. ONe chocolate shake and trip to hastings later she's ok with a new paint book in her bag. Saturday we made the trip again and look...................


All of our books about cows, some about thanksgiving, leaves, animals in fall/winter,leaves, plenty to keep us busy!
You have to be 5 to get your library card, and it is still a couple of weeks away from her birthday, but I asked anyways. At first he was very reluctant to let her get a card, but then he asked"Can she write her name?" "YES." I was so proud!!!

It's not beautiful but she can write her name without any help!!


Here she is with her new card! She looked at the books, sat on the couch and read through some, but her favorite part about the library..................the computer with the dora game!!


No comments:

Post a Comment